In 2005, Palestinians issued a call for a campaign of boycotts, divestment and sanctions (BDS) against Israel, because of its violations of international law and attacks on Palestinian rights. BDS is now a worldwide movement against Israeli Apartheid, and USPCN wants to work with you to target Coca-Cola, as our contribution to the campaign. See more at http://www.bdsmovement.net.
Do not contribute to helping Zionist Israel steal and occupy more Palestinian land. Do not contribute to helping Israel continue its colonization of Palestine, and its suppression of Palestinian rights. With every single penny you spend on Coca-Cola, you are indirectly contributing to Israel’s crimes.
USPCN officially launched this campaign last weekend, with participating businesses in Chicago, Detroit, San Francisco, Minneapolis, and San Francisco, and with many others joining soon.
- If you own a business, and want to participate in USPCN’s campaign by boycotting Coca-Cola and removing all of its products from your shelves, please fill out this form.
- If your organization wants to endorse USPCN’s campaign, please fill out this form.
Specific information about how you can also participate is coming VERY SOON!
Why Boycott Coca-Cola
• The Central Bottling Company (Coca-Cola Israel), an Israeli company that manufactures and distributes Coca-Cola in Israel, has subsidiaries in the illegal settlements of Katzrin (in the Syrian Golan Heights) and Shadmot Mechola (in the Besan Valley, northeastern tip of the West Bank). The company also owns Tara, whose subsidiary, Meshek Zuriel Dairy, has a dairy farm in the occupied section of the Jordan Valley.
• In return for $55 million in tax breaks, Coca-Cola built a plant in Qiryat Gat, which sits on stolen land (the villages of Al-Falluja and Iraq al-Manshiya) in 1948 Palestine. The residents were ethnically cleansed in 1949, in contravention of International Law.
• In October 2005, Coca-Cola increased its investment in Israel by buying a 51% controlling interest in the Tavor Winery. Tavor Winery is an Israeli company based on occupied Palestinian land, at the foot of Mount Tavor, overlooking the Sea of Galilee.
• The Government of Israel Economic Mission honored Coca-Cola at an Israel Trade Award Dinner for its continuous support over the previous 30 years, and for “refusing to abide by the Arab League economic boycott of Israel.” (from The Southern Shofar—American Jewish newspaper of Alabama).
• Environmentalists have long criticized Coca-Cola for posing a serious threat to communities across the world. In India, the Mehdiganj Coca-Cola plant was recently closed by Indian officials, because of its over-utilization of natural water resources, which depleted the local groundwater and released pollution above legal limits.
• Coca-Cola, which has always been strongly anti-union, is involved in the intimidation, kidnapping, torture, and murder of union leaders in Latin American, especially for years in Colombia. Labor unionists there have constantly been under threat from paramilitary death squads supported by Coca-Cola.
• Coca-Cola supports Israel’s crimes against the Palestinian people, and crimes against other people across the world.
Close Coca-Cola Factories in Occupied Palestine NOW!
USPCN was founded in 2006 to revitalize grass-roots organizing in the Palestinian community in the U.S., as part of the broader Palestinian nation in exile and the homeland. Our guiding principles are self-determination and equality for the Palestinian people; the right of all Palestinian refugees, and their descendants, to return to their original homes and lands in historical Palestine; and ending Zionist occupation and colonization of all Palestinian and Arab lands. We have chapters in California, Wisconsin, New York, Ohio, Chicago, St. Louis, Michigan, Minnesota, and Washington DC, and organize campaigns and projects around BDS, defense against repression, political prisoners, and culture. All Palestinians and Arabs can email email@example.com to join us.